When you get a spray tan, it’s a little like getting your nails done: you’ll do anything you can to make it last, going to extremes like making other people wash the dishes for you, or swapping some of your beauty products.
One thing you can do to make your spray tan last longer is swap your body wash that you are suing in the shower, as it can actually make your tan fade faster.
When you shower with some body washes, the chemicals inside them can interfere with those in your spray tan and cause the bonds between your skin and the spray tan to essentially ‘break’, making the colour fade.
However, there are somebody washes which have been formulated specifically for use with a spray tan, and you can be sure that they won’t cause any fade when you’re using them. Some of these washes will even help to care for the skin after a spray tan so, if you’re wondering what they are, read on.
- What body wash is best for a spray tan?
- Final thoughts
What body wash is best for a spray tan?
Norvell Post Sunless Self-Tanner pH balancing Body Wash
- MAKE A CLEAN BREAK: Say so long to self-tan -sabotaging soap with this body-balancing, sulfate-free color optimizing body wash that will refresh and recharge your skin without letting your faux glow fade into the sunset.
- SCENT-SATIONAL: Sweet-smelling warm vanilla fragrance will instantly lift your mood, while leaving a subtle, scrumptious kiss of a sugar scent on skin.
If you click Buy on Amazon and make a purchase, I'll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.If you’re looking for a highly performing, recommended body wash for use with a spray tan, from a trustworthy brand, this one from Norvell is the perfect choice. Just like any other product from the brand, this one is high quality, gentle, free from harmful ingredients and excellent at its job.
Essentially, this body wash has a pH balanced formula, so the ingredients it contains won’t be interfering with your spray tan (or self-tanner) any time soon and, instead, they will keep your skin soft. The lovely vanilla smell is so cozy and leaves a subtle, but noticeable nevertheless, scent around your skin.
– Use this body wash on the go, as it’s a travel-friendly format for you to take all around the world with you.
– Use alongside the other products in Norvell’s prep and maintenance range to get the
perfect, natural-looking glow.
Sjolie Spray Tan Protected Body Wash
- 100% Vegan (Approved by the Peta foundation)
- Made from only naturally derived ingredients
If you click Buy on Amazon and make a purchase, I'll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.Although this body wash is a little more expensive, especially for the size of the bottle you receive, it’s still worth a chance. If you are happy to spend a little more on your body wash, this is something you should be considering.
One of the great things about this product is that it has a vanilla lavender scent, which is sure to relax you when you wash, while providing a host of other benefits, too. The formula is also vegan and approved by the Peta foundation.
– When you’ve got a spray tan, you can even use this as your face cleanser, as it contains 100% safe and natural ingredients that won’t harm your skin.
– You can also use this body cleanser when you don’t have any spray tan, as it still gives your body a good wash, and you’ll be falling in love with the formula!
Bondi Sands Body Wash
- Bondi Sands Body Wash has been carefully formulated to be self tan friendly - use as part of your daily routine without fear of your tan being stripped or fading
- The pH balanced formula, works to cleanse and soften the skin and free of oily residue
If you click Buy on Amazon and make a purchase, I'll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.As the cheapest, most cost-efficient body wash on this list, there’s not really much to fault with the Bondi Sands body wash with a pH balanced formula. The bottle is really big, which means you won’t be needing to repurchase it every five minutes, and it is dispensed using a pump mechanism, which is very convenient from a practical point of view.
The scent is Bondi Sands’ signature coconut one, which just smells divine, and matches all their other products, so you won’t be clashing smells at all. This formula also contains aloe vera, which soothes and softens your skin at the same time as it cleanses it!
– Use this body wash every day, to keep your body clean without removing your gorgeous colour
– Follow your bath or shower with a bit of the Bondi Sands body moisturizer to keep your skin deeply nourished and help to prolong your tan
Norvell Venetian Self-Tanning Maintenance Kit
- KIT INCLUDES: Norvell’s signature, streamlined system incorporates each recommended phase of the sunless process. Renewing Sunless Exfoliator (2.5 oz), Pre Sunless Body Buff eXmitt (Single), Venetian Self Tanning Mist for Face (2 oz), pH Balancing Sunless Cleanser (2.5 oz), Venetian Gradual Self Tanner (2.5 oz).
- STEP 1 - PRIME: First, skin must be properly exfoliated, pH balanced, and well hydrated before color application.
Another great thing about the products in this kit is that the self-tanning ones never turn orange, meaning your tan will always be natural and flawless.
– Use the exfoliating primer 12-24 hours before your spray tan to remove any dead skin cells or leftover tan from last time and create a smooth base for your new spray tan
– Use the enhancing spray a few days after your spray tan to deepen the colour and add a little oomph!
How do these products work?
Essentially, these spray tan and self-tanner ‘safe’ body washes work just like normal body washes, formulated to clean your skin just like they should, but the ingredients and chemicals they contain in order to do this are different, and won’t cause your tan to fade. When using one of the products listed above, or any tan-safe body wash, there’s nothing you need to do differently – you just wash your body like you normally would, but with the peace of mind that you’re not scraping of your spray tan. In other words, they’re just like any other body wash, but the ingredients won’t affect your spray tan.
Can I use a normal body wash?
It’s clear that not everyone is interested in purchasing lots of separate products and changing their entire body care routine just for their spray tan and, in most cases, you can use a normal body wash. The effect of fading from showering isn’t too major, especially if your body wash doesn’t cantina the wrong ingredients.
If you are deciding to use your normal body wash and you don’t want it to fade your spray tan, here are some common ingredients you should avoid:
– Sodium Laureth Sulfate
– Mineral Oil
You can check these on the product’s ingredient list and, if they’re not on there, you should be fine!
Do these body washes help your skin?
As well as eliminating ingredients which can damage your spray tan, these body washes usually contain ingredients which can care for your skin, as healthy skin equals a longer-lasting tan. Some of the benefits of using these body washes include moisturised skin and preventing skin irritation.
To round up, using a tan-safe body wash can lengthen the amount of time your spray tan lasts and prevent any unnecessary fade or patchiness. If you are looking to find the best body wash for you, any of the ones listed above are perfect and, if you want to try some others, most major tanning brands have their own formula to offer.