You may have heard of aloe vera as a popular home remedy within the cosmetics industry, and the benefits it has. Maybe you even have your own plant or aloe vera product. Here, you can find out all about it, and how this miraculous product relates to your suntan.
What is aloe vera?
Firstly, it’s very helpful to know what aloe vera is before moving on to find out what it does for your suntan. There are lots of benefits that come from using aloe vera in your daily routine, which we’ll talk about later, so let’s find out what it is!
Essentially, aloe vera is a species of succulent plant which is naturally found all around the world, specifically in tropical, semi-tropical and arid climates. For many people, it has been used for medicinal remedies for years, with tricks and tips passed down through generations of family. However, during recent years, it has become very popular through means of social media for its various healing properties.
Many people purchase aloe vera products which have already been made, such as gels or creams, or other cosmetic products which use it as a beneficial ingredient. You can also get aloe vera gel from the plant itself, by cutting off one of the ‘leaves’, and slicing the top off, as well as one of the sides, to reveal its juicy, lush insides.
Interestingly, the inside gel of the aloe vera leaf is actually made up of 99% water, and the remaining 1% contains vitamins, amino acids, lipids and other substances, which is why it is so moisturising for your skin. There are also 2 other layers of the aloe vera leaf, but we don’t see these as important or useful as the inner layer. Nevertheless, aloe vera contains at least 160 important ingredients, which are all found in the leaves, and they include:
- Monosaccharide and polysaccharides
- Secondary plant compounds
You should be aware, however, that there are some toxic species of aloe, which you should definitely avoid, so be careful when extracting your own gel from the plant or buying it from somewhere which isn’t a well-trusted source.
- Highest Quality - to ensure freshness, our Aloe is proudly grown here in Southern Texas, in USDA (OTCO) certified fields.
- Harvested For Us - from real freshly cut aloe leaves, not powder - making it one of the purest and strongest on the market. For that reason please test on less sensitive areas first to make sure no reactions occur (before you apply to your face)
- Relieving your skin with ALOE VERA: The main ingredient of this shoothing gel is California’s most celebrated organic aloe vera leaf extract certified by EVE VEGAN(Expertiese Vegan Europe) of France.It means it didn't went through animal experiment and it doesn't includes any animal ingredients. We minimized the use of artificial ingredients.The rich moisture of Aloe vera makes your rough skin moist whenever and wherever. It helps your skin satiny and smooth. Also,it is absorbed softly.
- Aloe effects: It helps our skin to be moisturized, relieved, recovered moisture, and brightened. Therefore, it is suitable for our irritated skin caused by external stimuli and pollutants and it can cool your sunburnt skin especially in summer. And, it relieves damaged skin and brightens our skin. Also, it prevents our skin to be wrinkled and dried.
- COOL DOWN ALOE VERA GEL. We like to prevent sunburns, but if you get one, our soothing Aloe gel is a lifesaver. Dermatologist and Sonny approved, this natural after sun mixture instantly nourishes and prevents peeling of sun damaged skin.
- SOOTHING SUNBURN RELIEF. So you got greedy and burned your skin. Calm your sensitive skin with our “Cool Down” gel, formulated with Vitamin E and Tea Tree Oil to ease your after sun pain
If you click Buy on Amazon and make a purchase, I'll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Does aloe vera remove a suntan?
There are many different reasons why people may want to remove their tan, and equally as many as to why people want to keep them for as long as possible. For both of these circumstances, knowing whether or not aloe vera can be responsible for removing a suntan is very useful, so that you know what to choose, or avoid.
The truth is, yes, aloe vera is a natural remedy which is very popular for removing or lightening a suntan and has been scientifically proven to do so. In case you didn’t know already, a suntan is actually your body’s defence mechanism against sunburn, and it’s a way of protecting yourself from as much UV ray-responsible damage as possible. Just like how aloe vera can soothe sunburn, it can also lighten your suntan to restore your skin’s original pigment.
If you want to lighten your skin using aloe vera, you can do this in as little as a week if you apply it every day to the area which you are hoping to take care of. As well as removing your suntan, aloe vera can, however, can also darken your skin and can encourage it to absorb more UV rays when you’re not wearing sunscreen, which will make you tan faster and turn darker. This is something you should avoid, as it is a sign of sun damage to your skin, which can have severe effects in the future.
What else can aloe vera be used for?
Aloe vera, as mentioned earlier, is incredibly useful and it can do wonders for our skin, hair, and other concerns with our bodies. Thanks to those 160+ useful ingredients found in it, there are so many benefits of aloe vera, and here are some of the most common uses:
- Skin hydration: studies have shown that applying aloe vera gel to your skin twice a day, morning and night, can increase its hydration dramatically, even if your skin is severely dry or sensitive.
- Healing insect bites: because aloe vera gel is a strong, natural antiseptic agent, it can be used to heal insect bites, such as mosquito bites. The minerals will reduce the symptoms of an insect bite, like the pain and itchiness, as well as helping to actually heal it, too.
- Soothing sunburn: because it’s moisturising and antiseptic, as well as the other benefits it brings, aloe vera can help to heal your sunburn and sun-related skin damage and soothe any pain, discomfort or redness.
In short, yes, aloe vera can remove your suntan, as well as soothing your skin when it’s sunburnt along with many other benefits, thanks to its complex, naturally incredible composition of ingredients and various vitamins, minerals and other substances. Now that you know about this, you can choose what to alter in your routine depending on the results you’re looking for!