Do you struggle with an uneven complexion, clogged pores, or flaky dry skin building up? Face scrubs are a wonderful solution when it comes to exfoliating your skin and removing dead skin cells or dirt that can build up and clog your pores.
Exfoliating regularly is an important part of any skincare routine, and it can make or break the appearance and quality of your skin, refreshing your face to keep it feeling soft and smooth.
If you’re not sure where to begin when it comes to picking out an exfoliant for your face, you’ve come to the right place.
Read on to learn more about exfoliators and discover 5 of the best natural face scrubs and exfoliants.
- Thrive Natural Face Scrub for Men & Women
- Era Organics Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub & Face Exfoliator
- Jason Brightening Apricot Scrubble
- Palmer’s Coconut Sugar Facial Scrub
- Georgette Klinger Volcanic Mineral Face Scrub
- Frequently Asked Questions
Thrive Natural Face Scrub for Men & Women
- POWERFULLY NATURAL – Made from premium plant-based ingredients plus potent Costa Rican plant oils and invigorating Arabica coffee grounds that deep cleanse, energize, and help protect skin from stress and irritation. 100% natural with no artificial ingredients, synthetics, colors, or fragrances
- EXFOLIATES & IMPROVES SKIN APPEARANCE – Natural exfoliants provide medium level of exfoliation and remove oil, sweat, SPF, and other impurities without drying the skin. Its natural exfoliants help scrub off dry and dead skin, improving the skin’s overall appearance, tone, and texture without the irritation frequently caused by the walnut and apricot shell exfoliants used in other natural scrubs
If you click Buy on Amazon and make a purchase, I'll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.This incredible exfoliating face scrub is free of chemicals and contains antioxidants that aim to remove toxins from your skin and unclog your pores without drying out your skin. It works great with all different skin types, including dry or sensitive skin.
Thrive’s Natural Face Scrub stands out as one of the best natural face scrubs because it rejuvenates your skin and improves texture. The formula features two exclusive premium plant-based ingredients: juanilama and fierillo.
Juanilama is an anti-fungal and germ-fighting ingredient that helps exfoliate your skin by targeting ingrown hairs and blemishes while reducing the effects of stress and pollution. Fierillo extract is an anti-inflammatory ingredient that can also fight germs while healing your skin and promoting healthier skin.
This product is well-loved for its gentle yet effective results. As a bonus, this product is both vegan and cruelty-free.
Era Organics Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub & Face Exfoliator
- The Best Facial Scrub For Dull, Dry, Sensitive Skin. Get Beautiful, more youthful looking skin. Help remove stubborn blackheads, cleanse and minimize pores, exfoliate dull/dead skin cells and moisturize to the base of your skin with each wash. No machine needed.
- Don't Damage Your Skin With Harsh Scrubs. Most exfoliators tear and damage your skin. Our microdermabrasion sugar scrub gently helps loosens dirt, grime and dull skin while nourishing your cells leaving healthy, beautiful looking skin. Get a softer, more youthful look in minutes.
If you click Buy on Amazon and make a purchase, I'll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.This product is gentle and effective in softening skin and removing impurities. Made with natural ingredients such as manuka honey, orange peel extract, walnut powder, cehami extract, and aloe vera, the Era Organics Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub and Exfoliator is one of the best natural face scrubs that you will find in the skincare market.
This luxurious facial exfoliant deeply moisturizes your skin while effortlessly targeting dry or dull skin, blackheads, wrinkles, acne, and more.
It is made with gentle, all-natural micro exfoliants that polish your skin without damaging it. The aloe vera and manuka honey formula is hydrating for even the driest of skin.
People will all different skin types love using this face scrub because it feels gentle and soothing on the skin while clearing the skin of flakiness and impurities.
Jason Brightening Apricot Scrubble
- One 4 oz. bottle of Jason Brightening Apricot Scrubble
- Gently cleanses and refines skin for a smooth, glowing complexion
If you click Buy on Amazon and make a purchase, I'll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.Jason is a brand that carries all sorts of wonderful natural skincare products. The Brightening Apricot Scrubble is no different. This gentle, soap-free foaming scrub nourishes your skin and targets clogged pores and dead skin cells.
The formula uses apricot oil to soften and brighten the skin and triple refined walnut powder to polish your pores and remove impurities. It is best used on acne-prone skin but can be helpful for all skin types. This cruelty-free blend contains plant-based ingredients without artificial ingredients or harsh chemicals.
The product is designed to soothe and soften your skin, refreshing it and giving it a brighter effect. People with all different skin types love this product for its ability to remove layers of dead skin cells and leave skin with a glowing effect.
It won’t dry out your skin and is gentle enough to use once a day but is recommended for use 2-3 times per week or every other day.
Palmer’s Coconut Sugar Facial Scrub
- Sugar Face Scrub: Palmer's Coconut Sugar Exfoliating Facial Scrub uses natural Coconut Sugar to gently buff and polish away dirt and dead skin cells, revealing a brighter, fresher and purified complexion
- Natural Factors: This hydrating and calming blend of coconut water, chamomile and coconut oil helps exfoliate while maintaining skin's moisture and balance and promoting a soft and dewy complexion
This formula also includes coconut water and chamomile to help soothe and calm your skin while you’re using it.
All of their ingredients are ethically and sustainably sourced and they do not test on animals, which are both big bonuses when it comes to skincare. This product is well-loved by almost everyone who has tried it because of its ability to exfoliate and polish the skin without drying out your skin or causing any irritation. It’s no wonder why this is one of the best natural face scrubs you can buy for dry skin.
Georgette Klinger Volcanic Mineral Face Scrub
- STIMULATING MINERAL SCRUB: Volcanic scrub revitalizes rough, dull, and uneven skin to reveal a smooth, naturally beautiful complexion
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Argan oil and aloe vera help hydrate, while extracts of green tea, witch hazel, passion flower, and jasmine may provide a calming effect
The formula is the perfect exfoliant for all skin types, but users report that it works especially well for dry skin. The Georgette Klinger Volcanic Mineral Face Scrub contains all-natural ingredients such as green tea, witch hazel, and volcanic sand for detoxifying impurities, polishing, and exfoliating your skin as well as passionflower and jasmine for soothing the skin and locking in moisture.
This revitalizing volcanic scrub also contains soothing ingredients such as argan oil and aloe vera that help to hydrate and refresh the skin. People love this product because of its pleasant and gentle exfoliating qualities without damaging or drying out the skin. This is one of the best luxury face scrubs that you will find on the market. It is also cruelty-free and does not undergo testing on animals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Skin Types Need to be Exfoliated?
Since everyone needs to remove dead skin cells that cling to the skin’s surface, all skin types can benefit from exfoliation.
However, people with dry or flaky skin will benefit the most. This is because it is impossible to effectively moisturize the skin if it is sitting under a layer of dead skin cells.
By using a facial scrub regularly to remove impurities and layers of dead skin cells, your moisturizer will be more effective in penetrating the surface of your skin so it can nourish and hydrate your dry skin.
If your skin is dry and sensitive, it would be best to opt for a gentle face scrub that contains all-natural micro-exfoliants such as walnut powder.
How Often Should I Exfoliate?
Exfoliation is most effective when done on a regular basis. Most skin care experts recommend that you exfoliate two to three times a week for best results. If you aren’t exfoliating enough, dirt and dead skin cells will build up on the surface of your skin, contributing to flakiness and clogged pores.
On the other hand, if you exfoliate too much you can end up with cracking and rough skin that is not soft to the touch. Remember to always moisturize after any sort of exfoliating treatment.
Depending on how gentle your face scrub is, you can use it more or less. Scrubs that contain larger exfoliants, such as sugar granules, should be used less often so that you don’t contribute to microtears in your skin while you are exfoliating.
Why is it Important to Use a Face Scrub?
Face scrubs are important because they help to exfoliate your skin, removing impurities and dead skin cells.
Dead skin cells can make your skin look dull, dry, and flaky, but face scrubs can help with this. Another benefit to using face scrubs is that they can help to unclog your pores. Everyone’s skin produces sebum which is a natural oil that can build up over time.
Facial scrubs help to clear this build-up and leave your skin’s pores feeling and looking fresh and clear. Scrubs can also help to prevent ingrown hairs as well as clear acne scars.
Additionally, exfoliating is effective in softening and smoothing out your skin, which makes an even application of self-tanner or makeup much easier to achieve. It can even make your other skincare products absorb into your skin more effectively.
Using a face scrub to exfoliate your skin can help to improve texture, clear out pores, and minimize discoloration in your skin. Everyone’s skin can benefit from using a face scrub to exfoliate.
How Do I Get the Most Out of My Face Scrub?
Exfoliating with a face scrub is an important part of anyone’s skincare routine. For best results, it is recommended that you use an exfoliator every other day or as needed. If you have dry or sensitive skin, you may want to use a face scrub in place of your daily cleanser on days that you are exfoliating. You can also use it after your daily cleanser if your skin is acne-prone or especially oily.
One helpful tip is to apply the face scrub like it is a mask and let it sit on your face for a minute or two so it can work its magic. This will ensure that you get the most beneficial results from your exfoliator. Always remember to moisturize after you exfoliate with a face scrub.
It is especially important to moisturize after exfoliating because your skin’s outermost layer has been removed, making it more absorbent or susceptible to whatever products or elements that it encounters directly afterward.